Here’s what you need:
– Wood (I used pine)
– Vinyl for stencil
– Transfer Tape
– Paint and brushes
– Staining Medium (Optional)
– Bracket for Hanging
– Router (Optional)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Cut File (see link below)
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, but will earn a small percentage for sales as an affiliate. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
- Cut your wood down to size. My pieces of wood are about 12″ x 3.5″. I used a router to add a decorative edge. Paint the base coat white.
2. Cut and weed your vinyl. After the paint is dry, use transfer tape to apply the vinyl to the wood.
3. Paint the top coat over the vinyl decal.
4. After the paint dries, carefully pulled up the vinyl.
5. To distress, lightly sand the edges.
7. Add a bracket for hanging and repeat with a knife and fork design.
Now, I have some fun original artwork for my kitchen!
In case you’re new here…
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download will be available through 9/28/17 and is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Here is the freebie. Enjoy!
As always, if you have any problems with the files, please let me know. I’ve included .png, .svg. .ai, .eps, .dxf, and .studio in the zip file. Just click to download.
NOTE: Some computers/browsers are displaying the .svg file with an extension of html or something similar.