I saw this sign a few years ago and have been wanting to make something similar ever since. Well, someone in my neighborhood gave me a piece of wood that was the perfect shape and I figured it was about time I got around to making my own.
Although I love the size of the sign from bhg.com, I just don’t have a place to store something that large, so my version is much smaller and can be hung just about anywhere.
Here is what you need:
– Paint (black, white, & gray)
– Paint Brushes
– Vinyl (any color will work)
– Transfer Tape
– Hardware for Hanging (I used eye bolts and barbed wire garland)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Weeding tool
– Cut File (available for free in my resource library)
DOWNLOAD THE FREE SVG FILE
I keep all the SVG files I use for the projects I make in my SVG Library. These SVG files work with Cricut and Silhouette machines, as well as many others. This library is open to everyone and is free! You can access the library here.
Here is what you do:
1. Start by painting your wood black.
3. Slightly mix together some gray and white paint. You want the streaks, so that’s why you only mix it a little. Start painting over the black sign. You can also brush on a few black streaks.
4. Once the paint is dry to the touch, carefully remove the vinyl.