Teacher Appreciation Week is coming up soon and if you need a quick and easy gift idea, I’ve got one just for you! I like to give gift cards because who doesn’t love gift cards? But, they’re also kind-of plain to give on their own, so I like to come up with a little something extra to go along with it. This pencil bucket was so easy to put together and turned out super cute. It’s the perfect gift for any teacher.
This post contains affiliate links
Here is what you need:
– Any kind of container (I used a plastic paint bucket I had in my stash)
– Vinyl (I used dark gray, red, and turquoise blue)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Cut File (see link below)
Here is what you do:
1. Use your electronic cutter to cut your vinyl, add registration marks for easy layering.
2. Weed the excess vinyl.
3. Apply the transfer tape to the first layer. Peel the vinyl and transfer tape away from the backing. Place the vinyl and tape over the second layer (be sure to match up your registration marks). Repeat with the last layer. Remove the backing and apply to the bucket.
4. Remove the transfer tape.
5. I wanted some contrast between the pencils and the vinyl lettering, so I cut a piece of white cardstock and fit it inside the bucket.
6. Add the pencils to the bucket.
Want to make your own? Download the free cut file below.
Want to make your own? You can purchase the cut file I used for this project below.
I’d love for you to pin this project to your favorite Pinterest board before you download. Thanks!
If you use this SVG to create any projects, I’d love to see! Please share a photo of anything you make with my files. You can send it to [email protected] or tag me on social media with #burtonavenue.
Thanks and come back soon!