I saw this sign a few years ago and have been wanting to make something similar ever since. Well, someone in my neighborhood gave me a piece of wood that was the perfect shape and I figured it was about time I got around to making my own.
Although I love the size of the sign from bhg.com, I just don’t have a place to store something that large, so my version is much smaller and can be hung just about anywhere.
Here is what you need:
– Paint (black, white, & gray)
– Paint Brushes
– Vinyl (any color will work)
– Transfer Tape
– Hardware for Hanging (I used eye bolts and barbed wire garland)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Weeding tool
– Cut File (see below)
Here is what you do:
1. Start by painting your wood black.
3. Slightly mix together some gray and white paint. You want the streaks, so that’s why you only mix it a little. Start painting over the black sign. You can also brush on a few black streaks.
4. Once the paint is dry to the touch, carefully remove the vinyl.
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Here is the freebie. Enjoy!
As always, if you have any problems with the files, please let me know. I’ve included .png, .svg. .ai, .eps, .dxf, and .studio in the zip file. Just click to download.
NOTE: Some computers/browsers are displaying the .svg file with an extension of html or something similar.