I really like using chargers for projects because they are very inexpensive and look great with vinyl. I like that they are round instead of the typical rectangle shaped sign. But, sometimes, the metallic look isn’t the look I’m going for. Did you know you can paint chargers? Well, you can! I’ve done it here, here, and here. And, I did it again today with this patriotic themed charger.
This post contains affiliate links
Here is you need:
– Paint (Beige, Brown, Red, and Blue,)
– Plastic Charger
– Vinyl (any color will work)
– Transfer Tape
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Weeding tool
– Cut File (see below)
– Ribbon for bow and glue (Optional)
1. Lightly sand the charger to remove some of the finish. This will help the paint stick. Paint it beige (or whatever color you want) and let dry.
6. Paint a light coat of beige over the vinyl stencil to help minimize bleeding.
7. Fill in the design with red and blue paint.
8. Let paint dry to the touch, then carefully remove the vinyl.
9. Glue on a decorative box, if desired.
Display on a decorative plate stand.
I love how it turned out!
Want to make your own? Download the free cut file below.
In case you’re new here…
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Here is this week’s freebie. Enjoy!
NOTE: As of 1/2/2018, the download folder will no longer include the .studio format. If you have the basic edition of Silhouette Studio, you can use the .dxf file or if you have the Designer Edition, you can use the .svg file.
Enjoy my free files? I’d really love for you to share this post. Thanks and come back soon!