Teacher Appreciation Week is next week and if you need a quick and easy gift idea, I’ve got one just for you! I like to give gift cards because who doesn’t love gift cards? But, they’re also kind-of plain to give on their own, so I like to come up with a little something extra to go along with it. This pencil bucket was so easy to put together and turned out super cute. It’s the perfect gift for any teacher.
This post contains affiliate links
Here is what you need:
– Any kind of container (I used a plastic paint bucket I had in my stash)
– Vinyl (I used dark gray, red, and turquoise blue)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Cut File (see link below)
Here is what you do:
1. Use your electronic cutter to cut your vinyl, add registration marks for easy layering.
2. Weed the excess vinyl.
3. Apply the transfer tape to the first layer. Peel the vinyl and transfer tape away from the backing. Place the vinyl and tape over the second layer (be sure to match up your registration marks). Repeat with the last layer. Remove the backing and apply to the bucket.
4. Remove the transfer tape.
5. I wanted some contrast between the pencils and the vinyl lettering, so I cut a piece of white card stock and fit it inside the bucket.
6. Add the pencils to the bucket.
Want to make your own? Download the free cut file below.
In case you’re new here…
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download will be available through 5/12/17 and is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Here is this week’s freebie. Enjoy!
This free file has expired. It is now available to purchase in my shop.