Whenever I make a new stamp design
, I like to make two versions…a clean version and a grunge version. I love to make pillows with these designs and like the old worn out look. Since you can’t really sand fabric to distressed it, I make the grunge version so my pillows can have the same look. And, since I made the autumn stamps this week, it was time to make another pillow!
This post contains affiliate links
Here is you need:
– Pillow Form
– Paint Brushes
– Vinyl (any color will work)
– Transfer Tape
– Sewing Maching or Needle and Thread
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Weeding tool
– Cut File (see below)
Here is what you do:
1. Before I began, I found a super easy envelope pillow tutorial
. A quick sewing pattern was key to making this a quick project. Cut out your fabric and and vinyl. Peel out the reverse image so you are left with a stencil to paint. Apply the vinyl to the fabric. It might take some time to get it to stick. *Quick Tip*
Use a piece of transfer tape that has already been used or lightly rub a t-shirt on a new piece to remove some of the tackiness. This will help make transferring the vinyl to the fabric a bit easier.
2. Fill in the stencil with paint colors of your choice. Use an up and down motion to prevent bleeding.
3. One the paint has dried to the touch, remove the vinyl stencil.
5. Sew together your fabric pieces and insert the pillow form.
You can see the other pillows I’ve made with the grunge stamps here
In case you’re new here…
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Here is the freebie. Enjoy!
As always, if you have any problems with the files, please let me know. I’ve included .png, .svg. .ai, .eps, .dxf, and .studio in the zip file. Just click to download.
NOTE: Some computers/browsers are displaying the .svg file with an extension of html or something similar.