Several years ago, I made these cute Antique Clothespin Signs
for my laundry area. When we moved last year, I didn’t keep them and my laundry room has sat with blank walls for almost 10 months. I’ve wanted to create a new design on the clothespins for quite awhile and decided this week was finally time to get it done. I made a new design and these cute new signs with it. They are so cute (though, I am a little biased) and are a great way to add a pop of color to your laundry room decor.
This post contains affiliate links
Here’s what you need:
– Wood Plaque (mine is approx. 18″ x 5″)
– Vinyl for stencil
– Painters Tape (optional)
– Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)
– Cut File (see link below)
Here is what you do:
1. Paint the wood plaque white and allow to dry. I found mine at Michaels. I bought 3 of them a few months ago, not knowing what to put on them. I was excited to find that the clothespin design pretty much a perfect fit.
2. Cut out your vinyl stencil (I cut mine at 17″ x 3.33″) and weed away the excess vinyl. Use transfer tape to apply the stencil to the wood plaque.
3. Apply several light coats of your favorite color of paint. Be sure to paint the springs gray or silver.
4. After the paint has dried, use painters tape to tape off the rest of the back ground. This will give the painted border a nice crisp edge.
5. Paint the border either the same color as the clothespins or a coordinating color.
6. After the paint has dried, remove the painters tape. Then carefully pull up the vinyl stencil. This part is a little tedious, the little petals on the flowers like to come up one by one. But, be patient, the end design is so worth it! Doesn’t it look awesome!
I made three signs in different colors and hung them in my laundry room.
Aren’t they a fun way to add some color to your laundry room decor?
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, but will earn a small percentage for sales as an affiliate. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
In case your new here…
I love making digital cutter files and each week I love to share them with you! This free download will be available through 9/4/17 and is for personal use only. You can purchase the file with a Commercial License from my shop. Enjoy!
As always, if you have any problems with the files, please let me know. I’ve included .jpg, .png, .svg. .ai, .eps, .dxf, and .studio in the zip file. Just click to download.
NOTE: Some computers/browsers are displaying the .svg file with an extension of html or something similar.